- Rock-n-Romp is starting up a branch in Austin to provide lower volume day music shows for parents who have children and can’t get out to night shows.
- Do you sometimes drive home with a buzz on because you don’t want to take a cab back to your car the next day? Austin’s Designated Driver will get both you and your car back home for the same price as a cab ride.
- During SXSW, Vice Magazine published an online guide to Austin.
- Backspin Records has opened a new vinyl shop on Burnet.
- New to me: Furry hats come from Austin.
- The Statesman has two new blogs: the Blotter (for breaking news) and Talk of Austin (for soliciting reader commentary).
- More newly discovered Austin blogs: Austin Style (for show dates–see Tim’s post below), Austin Outsider, Paige Maguire.
- New music artist sites: Whiskey and Apples has started a blog, and SOUND team’s Bill Baird has a new site up, including a ringtone [via].